can we just cuddle up in giant sweaters, leather shorts and feather headdresses?
perfect for holiday weekends…
i hope you’re having a wonderful holiday weekend!
we’re in Rhode Island for the weekend and the weather is just stunning. we are going to walk down to the beach soon to smell some salty air and watch the waves crash on the rocks… and we wont even need coats!
every year my mother and i cook Thanksgiving dinner for my whole family. Adam helps by chopping and prepping, my father makes a cheesecake and everyone else shows up with some sort of appetizer and healthy appetites!
carrot soup with sweet pea cream, served in my great grandmothers china.
we only use the Meito gold encrusted china a few times a year, and i just adore it when we do. i love to think about all the special meals that have been served on these dishes, how many family members and friends that have used these over the last 80+ years…
turkey, cranberry, mashed potatoes, yams and butternut squash, stuffing, string beans and braised brussel sprouts with bacon and a maple syrup glaze
pumpkin spice cheesecake — the perfect balance of creamy goodness, fall flavors and just the perfect amount of sweet
happy new year, y’all i hope 2010 was a good one, and that 2011 is fill of triumphs, successes, and glory my friends! huzaaah!
i was listening to too beautiful to live and luke was talking about sufjan stevens’ christmas album.. i’m not into most chrispy music, but i thought this was sweet with its nostaligic animation style and sufjan’s lovely voice which is so unusual for a christmas song..
so i thought i would make a christmas list… haha i dont really care if i get anything.. a lot of what i’m giving to other people is stuff i’ve made which i think is so much more personal… but i have really enjoyed creating gift lists (take a look at this one i did for the frisky!) so i thought what the hej, it is the season.
1. Two tickets to The Book of Mormon
2. Macaroons — i’ve been obsessed with them for over a year now and i’ve still never had one
3. Long leather gloves — warm and elegant and something i’d never buy myself
4. The Jeffery Campbell Lita shoe in beige burgundy fabric — so weird/glam current obsession
5. The Canon PowerShot SD940IS 12.1 Mega Pixel digital camera with wide angle lens — sure i’ve got my wonderful Canon T1I, but sometimes a quick point and shoot is all you need/want
6. We went to Traif recently (a phenomenal resto in Williamsburg) and they had truffle salt rimed drinks. i would put this on everything. amaze.